Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15, 1995

November 15, 1995 was a day that will live in infamy......
It was a day like no other (at least no other that I had ever experienced) On November 15, 1995 my husband and I checked into Parkview Community Hospital in Riverside, California for a scheduled c-section. FINALLY.

I was pregnant with twins at 37 1/2 weeks gestation. I had gestational diabetes, a club foot, and my knees were barely able to support the extra 72 pounds I had gained. My very good and very generous friend had actually bought us a new California King size bed for a wedding gift and that was the ONLY reason that we could still fit into one together.


This is boy twin. He was born at 7:57am at 9 pounds 1/2 ounce (his head was 15cm!!!)



This is girl twin. She was born at 7:58am at 6 pounds 14 ounces


Just yesterday I came across a couple in the store who were carting around their own set of toddler twins. I whispered that mine were turning 13 and that it DOES get easier and funner. They really couldn't believe me, but I promised them.

Today my twins turned 13. You can read my earlier post including thoughts on my children growing up, but I will add this....
When I was shopping for their gifts, I DID get a little bit veklempt. But I won't admit it twice.

11 comments:

Jenster said...

This was my grandma's birthday and is my good friend's birthday! In fact, my mom wanted to schedule MY birth on this day, too! But the doctor said to wait a little longer.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINS!!!! You know you are loved well!

His Girl said...

happy, happy, happy birthday to the twins

and congratulations to their amazing momma who doesn't even realize what an incredible mother she is.

i'm proud of you all.

xoxo

Unknown said...

First of all, kudos to you for gestating over 15 lbs. of babies!

And feliz cumpleanos to your cool kiddos!!!

Becky said...

I'm with GGG...CONGRATS to you, S4J on the hale and hearty birthweights (and almost getting them to full term!) of your twins. There should be some kind of award for that! (Besides the double blessing of your offspring, that is).

Happy Birthday to your kiddos!

MyShilohRanch said...

Awww...such a sweet picture! I miss my g'babies being that tiny ... but I so love them even more now. God has indeed blessed you and your family. HAPPY birthday to you ALL! Welcome to the teen years! Enjoy them, they only last for a minute!

Brandy said...

O.My.Goodness!! Those photos are so CUTE! Can you believe they were ever that small (even though they were not really very small!)

Congratulations on making it this far!!!

Vindiciti said...

Awwwwww! What cute baby pictures!
Happy (belated) birthday to the twins.

Know what's funny? I have never met anyone with the same birthday as me, or at least, I thought I hadn't....and now I've found out that I know not one, but two with the same birthday! Amazing!

P.S. Guess who forgets what time we're supposed to meet on Thursday? I'll try and not forget to ask tomorrow.

jtothe2nd said...

My son was also born on November 15,1999 at Parkview Hospital in Riverside! AMAZING!!!
Their pictures are adorable!
Happy Birthday!

P.S...Catchy name!

IdahoAngie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

His Girl said...

okay, what Jtothe2nd said? UNBELIEVABLE!

Jenn said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog today! Loved reading the Chicas wrap up and seeing all your beautiful photography.

Happy belated birthday to your twins. Somehow I missed that you had twins. I knew that you had 3 children but not that there twins in there. How cool that you and HG have that in common - among other things.

I agree with Becky and GGG - 15 pounds that you carried - wow. I can not believe that boy twin 9 pounds. Wow - amamzing.

Have a wonderful day! :o)