Friday, March 7, 2008

Letters From War

07 March 2008

Honey,

The Furminator is the thing you need for my dogs. It removes all of their extra dead hair before it can shed all over the house.

I wrote in my pocket notebook about my thankfulness to the Lord for even the small things He gives me. I normally read the Stars and Stripes daily. The night I was waiting for the helicopter to fly me back to my FOB, I was feeling a bit nervous. I won't go into why, but flying around a hostile city is not my favorite thing.
Anyways, I had not read the paper that day, and happened to find a current copy sitting in the waiting room. So, I got to read the paper while I waited for my flight, which took my mind off the situation for a while.

I also want you to know two things. First, I always wear my ID tags, even to the shower. The last thing I want is for something bad to happen and not be identifiable. Secondly, I am doing everything I can not to go crazy or something. I want to go home so bad, but I do not want to go home to you as a crazy person, or as a different (for the worse) person than I left you.

I love you.

C

8 comments:

His Girl said...

oh.

I, um.

words...

prayers...

tears.

oh.

Jenn said...

The only words that come to mind are "I am praying for you all".

Shauna said...

Oh. My. I'm am lifting ALL of you in prayer. These letters just strike right to the heart for me. I cannot begin to imagine the strength of faith it takes to walk in your shoes. I am praying for his safety and for peace and comfort for you both!

Becky said...

*tears streaming*

Gonna get on my knees right now and pray.

Becky said...

Psalm 91

Jenster said...

I have no words. Just to echo everyone else. Praying for all of you.

Gretchen said...

Email me you names so I can pray for you all. Um...if you want to that is. :)

May God protect him and bring him home soon!!!! Thank you for sharing this so we never lose perspective--even if our perspective is a mere microcosm of what you are going through.

Blessings.xxxooogretchen

Alana said...

I'm with his girl. No words, just prayers lifted up for you both!