Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nuttastic


These are pecans harvested from our future home. We have about a dozen pecan trees. These are some of the leftovers from last year's harvest, and sadly - I have to throw them away because they have lost their shelf life. But not before I stopped filing to take pictures of them! Next year we know to freeze them ~ which will also kill the weevils. (I applied the kaleidoscope effect using Corel Paint Shop Pro X (trial version on my stand-in laptop))

Doing great on our tasks. Mostly the part that we're doing great at is not getting so wrapped up in getting the list done that we drive ourselves crazy and cease to enjoy life. The point is to keep a good house in an orderly fashion. The reason we desire this is because it makes our life more pleasant and relaxed because somehow, it feels easier to breathe when you aren't staring at an inch of dust on the mantle. And somehow, it feels easier to walk down the hallway when you aren't worried about breaking a leg on 14 pairs of shoes in your path. And as HisGirl has pointed out, it's nice to be able to say to someone, "Sure - come on in." Without having a panic attack for what they will think of how you really live and whether or not their immune system can handle the attack it is about to receive.

The filing is taking epically long today for 3 reasons. 1.)I am way behind so I have a lot to file. 2.) I have taken many breaks. 3.)I decided to purge files of old papers. The fun about living where we live, is that we don't need a shredder. We can just make a bonfire with our sensitive documents and save our identities for another day.

Needs to be done.

Having fun with my husband today who has baked me a really hilarious cake in honor of my impending birthday. Also seems to have left me the cleanup from said baking. We shall see.

11 comments:

His Girl said...

immune system attack LOL!!!!!

You are such an inspiration- I want so desperately to be more like you in this area in particular. Maybe it's time to make a housekeeping menu!

can't wait to see if ol' C tidies up his cake mess!

Becky said...

Impending birthday!

Bwahahahahaha!

My birthday is the day after yours, and I feel the exact same way, lol.

His Girl said...

Surprise!!!! It's a partay for you-oooo! Happy, Happy Birthday my friend!

*blows party blower*

let the presents begin! head on over to my blog for your first gift!

His Girl said...

Here's another gift:

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Suzanne said...

Knowing how much you love music, I thought you'd like this verse.

Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

Hope you have a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!!!

Suzanne said...

Oh, and I forgot to say..really cool pecan pic!!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halfmoon Girl said...

His Girl invited us all over for a party! Hope you have a lovely bd!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Truth said...

A Very Happy Birthday To You! (I came from His Girl's blog too.)

Sing aloud to God our strength;
Make a joyful shout to the God of Jacob.
Raise a song and strike the timbrel,
The pleasant harp with the lute.
Blow the trumpet at the time of the New Moon,
At the full moon, on our solemn feast day.

I am the LORD your God
Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. Psalm 81:1-3,10

Jenn said...

I love the pecan picture! I am with everyone else did the hubs clean up the cake baking mess? :o)

Jenster said...

No pecan lyrics or poetry???

Pecan, pecan, how shall we say it?
Do we pronounce it right or do we slay it?

To say it correct, you know, we can
Sound it like that - is it pee-can?

Or maybe that way makes us woebegon
And should we simply pronounce it picon?

However you say it you won't get a beatin'.
'Cause that little nut is just good eatin'!

There. My work here is done.