Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gosh And Golly And To God Be The Glory!

I am in an abundance of surprise blessings! I tell you THIS: Blogging has been an incredible outlet for me. I started writing to suit myself; sort of an online diary, if you will, to be able to get out what's going on in my head and my heart. And to be able to look back and remember where I've been and things I've learned, and to give people a chance to keep up on the epic high drama of my life without me having to retell the same story sixtyhundred times.(like have sixtyhundred friends, lol) (plus - some people really don't want to hear me tell my stories with all flair, detail and humor - because they can take FOREVER to sit through.) NEVER did I suspect that people beyond my own circle would read my blog, let alone look forward to reading it; and even less suspected that people would be blessed by it. I am beyond humbled to have been given several blogger awards in recent days. I can't know how to respond to the outpouring of affection I have received from this online community, aka my new BFF's (Blog Friend Forever). And of course, I would be remiss if I didn't stop right here and tell you all that it is my true-life BFF (BEST Friend Forever) who encouraged me to 'put it out there'. She will never know (or maybe she will because she GETS people) how deeply this forum has touched my life. That girl works for God I tell you!

And now, without further adieu....the award and kind comments come from.....*drum roll*
(And FYI - ALL of these blogs are GREAT reads!)

Marsha @ Marsha's Musings sent me...









"I'd like to pass this on to Sing4Joy. She always encourages me to keep writing. Her own posts are wonderful to read, such a mix of humor and heart."




Jenn @ Moments sent me...

"This award is for His Girl and Sing 4 Joy, they are bloggy friends of mine who always have so many kind words to share with others. Check out their blogs, you will be blessed by both of these ladies. "




Jenster @ Jenster's Musings sent me...

"I've decided to pass the "E" rating along to two of my new favorites. Funny thing is, they're related. AND I get to meet them both in the fall. IN REAL LIFE! Sing4Joy at Southern Living and Other Peeks Into My Psyche has a truly Excellent blog. Her husband is currently in Iraq and she sometimes posts these wonderfully touching excerpts from his letters home. She also writes funny, sweet and encouraging posts. Not only does she sing for joy, she exudes joy. Add to that she's now officially a professional photographer and you've got a completely Excellent package!"





Shauna @ The Coffee Stop sent me...





"Sing4Joy has a wonderful blog where she shares about parenting, faith, love and life. Her posts can range from humorous, silly, poignant, artistic, inspiring, uplifting. She covers it all. She's also an amazing photographer and her pictures are absolutely beautiful. Seriously. She turned bathroom fixtures into a work of art."






Becky @ Stuck In Frump, Striving For Fab sent me...

"I'm passing this one along to my 'Perris connection' blogger friends Sing4Joy and HisGirl, whose blogs I always look forward to reading, as their love for their respective families and for their Lord always shine through in their well-written postings. These two bloggers have known each other for a long time, and their friendship just spills all over, enveloping you in, making you feel like you've known them both for years."

5 comments:

Jenster said...

Holy accolades, Batman!! You deserve them all!! :o)

His Girl said...

YOU ARE MOST DESERVING, AMIGA!!!!!!!

and you, are truly my bff, and it is my complete honor to know you :)

Gretchen said...

Lovely awards, S4J! Yay you! Isn't it amazing how one's own journaling experience just expands to be a relational one with other kindred spirits?! God truly can use anything to bless us, and I'm blessed by you.

Becky said...

Woot, woot!! Good job, S4J!

I'm sure glad you decided to put it all out there!

Jenn said...

Wow - so many fun awards. Like everyone said they are so deserved. I truly enjoy your blog and get excited when I see a new post is up! :o)