Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Word Of The Day Wednesday

soporose (SOP-uh-ros) adjective
Sleepy; in an unusually deep sleep.
diurnation (dy-uhr-NAY-shuhn) noun
The habit of sleeping or being dormant during the day.
somniloquy (som-NIL-uh-kwee) noun
The act or habit of talking while asleep.

You will often find me in a state of soporose, diurnation or somniloquy; sometimes all at the same time. Except last night. Last night was a flash back to the days of having young babies in the house. Except these were dogs. Big dogs. Annoying dogs. with toenails. that click. on the wood floor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that I like multiple-post days! Some days there is just too much to share and too much to sing about to wait another day!

His Girl said...

I wish i was doing any one of your words of the day...

but apparently i have 8 posts to read before I can do this.

haha!

Jenn said...

"with toenails. that click. on the wood floor."

That was humorous to me b/c I could see and hear the sound.

Maybe it was funny because I am ready to be in a soporose state. And I will be - once I get caught up on your blog. ;o)

Tina said...

I LOVE words of the day. Wow... we must have been separated at birth.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I have been begging my husband for a dog for months.... and this morning read your blog and was reminded why I might want to think about that one more time.